Functions & Events works with popular and versatile venues to provide you with a great selection of premium venues for your next function or event. With 17 Auckland venues and one in Christchurch, Functions & Events is your one stop shop for event management and venue solutions. Click here for a full list of venues and their locations.
Be the 'go-to' company when customers are looking to book multiple functions, both corporate and social. Leading in terms of customer service and excellence.
To exceed customers expectations when looking for a venue by providing them with a varied range of outstanding venues.
The Functions & Events team consists of our Sales Executive, on site Sales and Events Coordinators, as well as our dedicated staff who execute the functions. Our teams strive for excellence in everything they do, in order to make your function or event successful and memorable.
Our service teams are trained to provide top quality service from our in-house HR and Training Manager, who focuses on ensuring staff are well equipped to provide a fantastic drinking and dining experience to our guests. Training workshops focus on customer service skills, menu knowledge, wine, cocktail and management training. Development courses are in place to assist our staff advance their careers in the hospitality industry.
Our kitchen teams are lead by our Executive Chef, who oversees and advises on all menus. All venues provide on site catering for functions and events with made to order meals and dietary requirements catered for.
How We Can Help You
Click on the links below to find out how Functions & Events can help you.
Venues – click here to see a list of all Function & Events venues.
Venue Search Calculator – fill in your details and see which venues suit your requirements.
Social events – click here if you’re organising a birthday party or social occasion.
Corporate events – click here if you’re organising a corporate event – meetings, presentations, seminars, reward dinners, workshops, team buildings, product launches or any other corporate event.
Make an enquiry – if you have a specific enquiry, please click here.
2012 HANZ AWARDS (Hospitality Association New Zealand)
The Elephant Wrestler - finalist Best New/Redeveloped bar
Garrison Public House - finalist Best Bar
2012 LEWISHAM AWARDS
- THE ELEPHANT WRESTLER - finalist in Best Auckland Venue (New) category
2012 BEEF & LAMB GOLD PLATE AWARDS
Winners of the Gold Plate Award - Basalt, Dominion, Moreton's, The Running Bull and Villager
2011 HANZ AWARDS (Hospitality Association New Zealand)
The Zookeeper's Son winner - Best in Gaming
The Zookeeper's Son Finalist in the following categories
- Best Bar
- Best New/Re-developed Bar
- Best in Gaming
2010 AUCKLAND LEWISHAM AWARDS
- GARRISON PUBLIC HOUSE – finalist in the Outstanding Bar category
- ADAM MATHER (manager at Ginger Minx) – finalist in the Outstanding Bartender category
- MORETON’S – finalist in the Outstanding Local category
- TRAVIS MACQUIRE (waiter at Moreton’s) – finalist in the Outstanding Waiter category
HANZ AWARDS (Hospitality Association New Zealand)
- 2008 - JOHN HELLEBREKERS - Hospitality Personality of the Year, Degree
- 2007 - GARRISON PUBLIC HOUSE - Winner Best New/Redeveloped Bar
- 2007 - VILLAGER - Finalist Best New/Redeveloped Bar
- 2003 - DEGREE - Winner Best Marketed Bar/Restaurant
MONTEITH'S BEER AND WILD FOOD CHALLENGE
- 2010 - BASALT - Top 20 New Zealand Finalist
- 2010 - THE DOMINION - Top 20 New Zealand Finalist